Cenacle (Coenaculum - Last Supper)
The Cenacle is in the Old City on Mount Zion.
The Cenacle was the first Christian Church.
Many events took place here as described in the New Testament
- preparation for the celebration of Jesus' final Passover meal
- the washing of his disciples' feet
- certain resurrection appearances of Jesus
- the gathering of the disciples after the Ascension of Jesus
- the election of Saint Matthias as apostle
- the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples on the day of Pentecost.
The building that now stands on the site is only the most recent in a long and storied history.
More Info and Recommendation