The independence of Israel was declared in this house on 14th May 1948 by David Ben-Gurion.
This used to be the house of Meir Dizengoff and his wife Zina, who turned over the house to the city of Tel Aviv after his wife’s death and asked to turn it into a museum – in 1936 it became the Museum of Art. For the Declaration of Independence the museums hall was used. A very interesting movie about the early history of Israel and Tel Aviv is shown in two halls (different languages available).
More Info and Recommendation